On this page
Based in central Auckland, Wainui Marine provides professional independent boat survey and consulting services. Most of our work is in the North Island of New Zealand from Tauranga to the Bay of Islands but we also work in the South Island, Pacific Islands and Asia where required.
Wainui Marine’s boat and yacht survey and consulting services are led by Paul Stock. Paul is a passionate racing and cruising sailor, designer, builder, surveyor and consultant, comfortable and efficient hands on and hands off.
Our clients are a mix of New Zealand and international and we are used to working with overseas based clients.
Scope of services
We specialise in all kinds of composite and timber craft servicing recreational and commercial boat sectors. Commercial boats are those bound by maritime laws that fall under Maritime New Zealand‘s rules.
Our surveys and inspection services cover pre purchase, insurance, commercial and specific survey types. We can include sea trials if required.
Services provided include the following, please click the links to find out more:
- Vessel survey/inspections
- Consulting, including owner representation and project management
- Marine electronics supply and support – nke
Consulting services can tailored to your requirements. Typical examples are:
- assistance on vessel selection
- specification/research/selection of equipment for new vessel/refit/repair or maintenance work following survey;
- development of vessel documentation for operation;
- development of schematic diagrams for systems;
- development of marine operator safety system/survey documents for commercial vessels;
- vessel delivery.
Services related to nke electronics as well as supply may include:
- assistance with product selection and installation such as design of nke autopilot installation layout, and interface with other instruments etc;
We maintain a close relationship with nke technical department in France to provide after sales service.